1. -Hello, are you Mr. Morrison?
-Yes. That's _______________.
2. -Please stay with me this weekend.
-I'm sorry, but my father and I planned _________ Beijing a long time ago.
C. to visit
3. - Keep quiet! I need complete__________ when I'm working.
-Sorry, dad. I won't make any noise again.
4. -Some people don't show their talents at the very beginning.
-I agree. Even Einstein ____________ read until he was seven.
5. The flying squirrel might be one of __________ animals you could meet during the trip.
D. the strangest
6. Love your parents __________ they are alive. Don't wait until it is too late.
7. Would you please ____________ the light? I can't sleep well with it on.
A. turn on
B. turn off
C. turn to
D. turn around
8. Amon ____________ his ship in a big storm when a giant fish came out of the sea.
A. will sail
B. is sailing
C. was sailing
D. has sailed
9. Could you speak in a loud voice so that I can hear you _______________?
10. -Simon, where do you want to eat?
-_______________. I eat anything.
A. I don't mind
B. My Pleasure
C. Good idea
D. Certainly not 第二部分完形填空（共10小题；每小题1分，满分10分）
Sometimes choosing where to eat in Suzhou is something of a challenge. No matter how
__11 the food tastes at a chosen restaurant, one may always wonder. "Is there anything better on the next street'?" However, I've found the 12 to this question. When I'm asked to name my favourite place to eat in Suzhou, I will reply 13 . "Song He Lou Restaurant". Why is Song He Lou so special 14 hundreds of restaurants? Well, for me it comes down to a perfect balance of delicious food, pleasant atmosphere（氛围）and a near perfect location.
Before coming to Suzhou, I was 15 by my friends from other cities in China that the food could be too sweet. For the first few months I chose to eat in Sichuan Or Hunan style restaurants instead of eating much 16 food. However, after falling in love with the city. I came to realize that the food is so closely 17 with its local culture. 18 I asked a local friend to recommend the best place to try real local style food. She came up with the 19 of Song He Lou.
For a first-time visitor, "Song Shu Gui Yu" and "Xie Fen Tofu" am excellent 20 .Suzhou has stow become my home and I have a lifetime to enjoy each and every dish on the menu.
11. A. bad B. hot C. good D. cold
12. A. attention B. excuse C. answer D. distance
13. A. right away B. in surprise C. at most D. over there
14. A. between B. against C. among D. beyond
15. A. changed B. warned C. encouraged D. supported
16. A. fresh B. local C. Chinese D. frozen
17. A. connected B. covered C. compared D. charged
18. A. Or B. But C. Yet D. So
19. A. suggestion B. way C. money D. design
20. A. conditions B. habits C. challenges D. choices
21.Who is this poster for?
22. On which day are there two different activities?
23. Why are there two cartooning classes on the program?
A. Because the classes are for different age groups.
B. Because more time is needed to learn cartooning
C. Because there is a strict limit on numbers for each class.
D. Because some children might want to do both the classes.
People all over the world eat eggs. Most of the eggs we eat come from hens. Eggs are easy to cook. They can be cooked in lots of ways such as fried or hard-boiled. Eggs can be used with other things to make cakes and ice-cream.
<!--[if !supportLists]-->A.?<!--[endif]-->the birth of chickens
B . the difference between them
C. the use of eggs
D. the way of keeping them
25. What makes a yolk dark orange?
A. The hen's food.
B. The colour of the shell.
C. The age of the egg.
D. The vitamins in the egg.
26. What does the table above show?
A. How heavy an egg can be.
B. How long to cook an egg in a pan.
C. How to make an egg sink.
D. How to check the age of an egg.
Every day there is less and less space on Earth for rubbish. Yet every day we make more and more rubbish. What can we do? We can recycle some of our rubbish. Recycling means that the rubbish will be made into something that can be used again.
Recycling helps Earth. And it saves space in rubbish dumps. Half of everything that we put into landfills could be recycled instead. In fact, most things made of paper, metal, glass and plastic can be recycled.
Paper can be broken into small pieces and made into new paper. Steel and aluminum cans（金属雄）can be melted down（熔化）and made into new cans. The same is true of glass bottles. This can be done aver and over again. Recycling doesn't take as much energy as making these things the first time. So we can use less of Earth's fuel resources.
Plastic can be melted down, too. Then it can be formed into park benches, playgrounds and so on. Some people call plastic the "wood" of the future. Things made of plastic will last about 400 years-even if they stay outside in the weather. No wood can do that!
27. The underlined word "landfills" in Paragraph 2 probably means _____________.
A. bench factories
B. places for rubbish
C. green mountains
D. recycling centres
28. According to the passage, what happens last to the can?
A. The can is put into a recycling bin.
B. The can is melted down and reused.
C. A steel can gets filled with corn.
D. A person uses the corn in the can.
29. What is the main idea of the passage?
A. Cans should be melted down.
B. Old newspapers can be reused.
C. We can build benches that last 400 years.
D. We should recycle everything that we can.
Athletics vs. Gardening
The students of Southside School were asked to give their opinions about whether the school?should run?an?athletic?program?or?start?a?vegetable?garden.
I know lots of kids say they're tot interested in competitions, but that's?because they've never won anything. If they got better training and started?winning?things,?they'd?soon?change?their?minds.
People always say kids don't get enough exercise. Just because you do?gardening?outdoors?doesn't?make?it?exercise,?so?I?don't?sec?how?it?matters.
Athletics is much better for fitness and lots of kids can have a go at?think there would be enough jobs for everyone in a?garden.
30. Which of these points do Liz and Sam both make?
A. Kids should take exercise.
B. Kids should eat vegetables.
C. Kids should try to win more.
D. Kids should be outside more.
31, What is one reason Liz gives for saying "a garden is a really bad idea"?
A. Some students don't like getting dirty.
B. Some students don't enjoy being outside.
C. Some students already know how to garden.
D. Some students may have no chance to garden.
32. Why does Sam say, "And think about it.: what helps you to be good at sport?"
A. To change the subject.
B. To introduce his next reason.
C. To support Liz's idea.
D. To find an answer to the question.
A: Look! This is a picture of my dog. Here
A: I know. He weighs fifty-one kilos.
B: Really? That's amazing. 34
A: He's called Max.
A: Five years. I got him when we moved out of the city. 36
B: Wow! Then Max has more space.
A: He's very friendly. He always jumps on you when you come home.
B: Woah! Scary!
A: 37 I mean, he plays very well with our cat, Kira. He runs after her around.
38. Everyone should____________（行动）now to separate rubbish into different groups.
39. Mr. Wu said he had _____________（很少）seen a child with so much talent.
40. He went_____________（野营) with us and taught us how to put up a tent.
41. He seems to have a ______________（第六）sense for knowing that his brother will win.
42. Miss Zhang ____________（订购）a dress online two weeks ago, but it hasn't arrived yet.
43. Amy and Annie will go on a natural history walk next ______________（星期日）.
44. Before you start writing a story, think about the __________（人物）and what they do.
45. - Tickets for today?
- Sorry, we've got __________ left, but we have a few for tomorrow.
46. - Have you ever been to the Summer Palace?
- Yes. I have visited it many times _____________ 2009.
47. - I hear your grandpa has got an eye problem. Is it serious?
- Yes. He can't see anything now. He has gone _______________.
52. 如果你每天练习. 你的听力技能将得到提高.
A. Interview with Andy Griffiths
Andy Griffiths is well known as a writer of children's books. Here are some interesting things, you might not know about him!
What do you like to do after a long day of writing?
I go for long runs and bike rides beside the beach. An hour of exercise after a long day of writing gives me energy. Then I'm ready to write some more.
Do you write using a computer or by hand?
At first I write the stories by hand, and then I transfer（转录）them onto a computer. I like to write by hand when T travel. T find it very easy to lose myself in my diary when I am away from my usual activities.
What super power would you like to have?
X-ray vision（影像）if I can control it.
What is your favourite food?
Fro never happier than when I'm drinking banana milkshakes. And I love fish. But I don't like drinking fish milkshakes - they are just terrible!
What is your favourite book?
Alice in Wonderland. It has so many surprises and such silliness in it.
Do you write for adults too?
Only if I really have to. T much prefer the freedom and fun of writing for children.
What do you say to kids who say, "Why should I read?"
As Dr. Seuss says. "The more you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you'll go."
53. What is Andy's job?
54. What do you think of Andy?
55. Do you want to be a person like Andy? Why or why not?
I'm sorry to know that you are not happy these days. ______________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________
I hope my experience can help you out.
5.A 7.B 8.C 9.D 10.A
11.C 12.C 13.A 14. C 15.B
16. B 17. A 18. D 19. A 20. D
21. D 22. C 23. A 24. C 25. A
26. D 27. B 28. B 29. D 30. A
31. D 32. B
33. A 34. E 35. G 36. C 37. B
38. act 39. seldom 40. camping 41. sixth 42. ordered 43. Sunday 44. characters 45. none 46. since 47. blind
48. What a wonderful 4-D film it is!
49. Can you tell me what you are looking for behind the door?
50, It is common for the Chinese to get together at the Spring Festival.
51. The rabbit was so fat that it couldn't go through the hole.
52. If you practise every day, your listening skill will be improved.
53. A writer of children's books.
54. He is an interesting man with a lot of hobbies.
55. Yes. Because I also want to write for children and bring them fun of reading.
No. Because I don't like writing.
One possible version:
I'm sorry to know that you are not happy these days. You needn't worry too much. It's true that everyone makes mistakes.
Take me, for example. One day, I spent so much time playing football with my friends that I forgot to do my homework. I said sorry to my teacher and finished it the next day. I found it important to achieve a balance between schoolwork and hobbies.
It doesn't matter whether or not you make mistakes. What matters most is to correct and learn from them. In this way, others will understand you. Then you will feel much better.
I hope my experience can help you out.